D i r e c t i o n s (Questions 1-3) : Study the given information carefully
and answer the questions that follow :
(i) There are six friends A, B, C, D, E and F.
(«) Each one is proficient in one of the games, namely Badminton, Volleyball,
Cricket, Hockey, Tennis and Polo.
(iii) Each owns a different coloured car, namely yellow, green, black, white, blue
' and red.
(ii/) D plays Polo and owns a yellow coloured car.
(t>) C does not play either Tennis or Hockey and owns neither blue nor yellow
(vi) E owns a white car and plays Badminton.
(vii) B does not play Tennis, he owns a red coloured car.
(viu) A plays Cricket and owns a black car.
1.Who plays Volleyball ?
(a) B (b) C (c) F d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
2. Which coloured car F owns ?
(a) Green (b) Blue (c) Either Green or Blue (d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
3. Which of the following combinations of colour of car and game played is not
(a)"Yellow — Polo (b) Green — Tennis (c) Black — Cricket (d) Red — Hockey (e) None of these
Directions: Read the following information carefully and answer the questions
given below :
Six persons A, B, C, D, E and F are sitting in two rows, three in each.
E is not at the end of any row.
D is second to the left of F.
C, the neighbour of E, is sitting diagonally opposite to D.
B is the neighbour of F.
4. Which of the following are sitting diagonally opposite to each other ?
a) F and C (b) D and A (c) A and C (d) A and F (e) A and B
5. Who is facing B ?
a) A b) C ,. c)D (d) E (e) F
6. Which of the following are in the same row ?
(a) A and E (b) E and D (c) C and B d) A and B (e) C and E
7. Which of the following are in one of the two rows ?
a) FBC b) CEB (c) DBF (d) AEF (e) ABF
1. (b) C plays Volleyball.
2. (b): F owns a blue car.
3. (b): Clearly, the incorrect combination is Green — Tennis.
So, the arrangement must be D B F
A E C
4. Other than D and C (given), A and F are sitting diagonally opposite to each other, as
seen in the arrangement. So, the answer is (d).
. Clearly, E is opposite to B in the other row. So, E is facing B and the answer is (d).
5. Clearly, from amongst the given alternatives, A and E are in the same row. So, the answer
6. Clearly, from amongst the given alternatives, D, B and F are in the same row. So, the
answer is (c).
7. Clearly, neighbours of E are A and C. So, on interchanging the seat with E, the new
neighbours pf D will be A and C. So, the answer is (a).
8. After interchanging seat with E, who will be the neighbours of D in the new
a) C and A (b) F and B (c) Only B d) Only A e) Only C