Learn Percentage Topic Practice Set
1. If 75% of a number is added to 75, the result is the
number itself. Then the number is
2. Subtracting 40% of a number from the number, we get
the result as 30, the number is
3. If three fifth of a number is 40 more than 40% of the
same number. What is the number
4. A number on subtracting 15 from it, reduces to its 80%.
What is 40% of that number?
5. Calculation shows that an angle is 37 ½ %. The size
obtained by drawing and measurement is 36%. The
error percent is
6. The population of a town has increased from 133575 to
138918. The percent increase in population is
7. IF X is 90% of Y, what percent of X is Y?
Ans : 111.1
8. If x % of y is the as 4/5 of 80, then the value of xy is
9. Subtracting 6% of x from x is equivalent to multiplying
x by how much ?
10. If 8% of x=4% of y, then 20% of x is
11. (X% of Y+Y%of X)=?
Ans 2% of xy
12. If 90% of A=30% of B and b=x% of A, then x is equal
13. X% of Y is y% of?
14. A number increased 37 ½% gives 33. The number is
15. The number which when decreased by 27 ½ % given 87
16. 40 quintal is what percent of 2 metric tons?
17. If is known that 20% of the mangoes are rotten. If the
number of rotten mangoes is 35, then the total number
of mangoes is :
18. If 70% of students in a school are boys and the number
of girls is 504, the number of boys is
Ans : 1176
19. A student has to secure 40% marks to pass. He gets 178
marks and fails by 22 marks. The maximum marks are :
20. A house owner was having his house painted. He was
advised that he would require 25kg of paint. Allowing
for 15% wastage and assuming that the paint is
available in 2 kg cans, what would be the cost of pain
purchased, if one can cost Rs.16? Ans :Rs.240
21. A reduction of 12.5% in the price of a dining table
brought down its price to RS.4375, the original price (in
Rs.) of the table was: Rs.5,000
22. Of the total amount received by Krian, 20% was spent
on purchases and 5% of the remaining on
transportation. If he is left with RS.1520, the initial
amount was Ans:2000
23. Ina library 20% books are in Hindi, 50% of
theremianing are in English and the remaining 9000 are
in various other languages. What is the total number of
books in English?
24. Avinash spends 30% of his income on scooter petrol, ¼
of the remaining on house rent and the balance on food.
If he spends Rs.300 on petrol, then what is the
expenditure on house rent?
25. A man spends 35% of his income on house rent 75% of
the reaming on other items. What percentage of income
does he save