Read the following information carefully and answer the questions that follow :
(i) Five friends P, Q, R. S and T travelled to five different cities of Chennai,
Calcutta, Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad by five different modes of transport
of Bus. Train, Aeroplane, Car and Boat from Mumbai.
(it) The person who travelled to Delhi did not travel by boat,
(ill) R went to Bangalore by car and Q went to Calcutta by aeroplane.
(it>) S travelled by boat whereas T travelled by train.
(v) Mumbai is not connected by bus to Delhi and Chennai.
1. Which of the following combinations of person and mode is not correct ?
(a) P — Bus (6) Q — Aeroplane (c) R — Car
(d) S — Boat (e) T — Aeroplane
2. Which of the following combinations is true for S ?
(a) Delhi — Bus (6) Chennai — Bus (c) Chennai — Boat
(d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
3. Which of the following combinations of place and mode is not correct ?
(a) Delhi — Bus (6) Calcutta — Aeroplane (c) Bangalore — Car
(d) Chennai -4- Boat (e) Hyderabad — Bus
4. The person travelling to Delhi went by which of the following modes ?
(a) Bus (6) Train (c) Aeroplane (d) Car (e) Boat
5. Who among the following travelled to Delhi ?
(a) R (6) S (c) T (d) Data inadequate (e) None of these
The given information can be analysed as follows :
(A) Mode of Transport : R travels by Car, Q by Aeroplane, 6 by Boat and T by Train.
Now, only P remains. So, P travels by Bus.
(B) Place of Travel : R goes to Bangalore, Q to Calcutta. Now, bus transport is not
available for Delhi of Chennai. So, P who travels by Bus goes to Hyderabad. S travels
by boat and hence, by (ii), did not go to Delhi. So, S goes to Chennai. Now, only T
remains. So, T goes to Delhi.
1. Clearly, the incorrect combination ia T — Aeroplane. So. the answer is (*).
2. Clearly, the correct combination for S is Chennai — Boat. So, the answer is (c).
3. Clearly, the incorrect combination is Delhi — Bus. So, the answer is (a).
4. Clearly, T travelled to Delhi by Train. So, the answer is (6).
5. Clearly, T travelled to Delhi. So, the answer is (c).