Saturday 21 March 2015

Reasoning inequailities practice test



Reasoning inequailities practice:

Directions (1-5): In the questions given below, certain symbols arc used with the following meanings:
P $ Q means P is neither equal to nor smaller than Q.
P % Q means P is not smaller than Q.
P * Q means P is neither greater nor smaller than Q.

P # Q means P is neither greater than nor equal to Q.
P @ Q means P is not greater than Q.
Now in each of the following questions, assuming the given statements to be true, find which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/arc definitely true. Give answer
1) if only conclusion I is true.
2) if only conclusion II is true.
3) if either conclusion I or II is true.
4) if neither conclusion I nor II is true.
5) if both conclusions I and II are true.


1. Statements: M # K, K * D, D @ P
Conclusions:
I. M @ P
II. M * P

2. Statements: W % T, T $ M, B # M
Conclusions:
I. W $ B
II. M # W

3. Statements: H * D, D # R, R % N
Conclusions:
I. N * H
II. N $ H

4. Statements:Z @ R, R % D, D # T
Conclusions: 
I. D # Z
II. Z # T

5. Statements: Q # P, P @ F, F * M
Conclusions:
I. M $ P
II. P * M 

Answers:


1.             4
2.             5
3.             4
4.             4
5.             3

No comments:

Post a Comment